Content Management System
A Content Management System, also known as a CMS, allows a website owner/operator to add, update, and delete blocks of information, or even entire pages, from a website. A CMS can come in many sizes and vary greatly in complexity. A CMS may range from being as simple as allowing a website owner to add a paragraph to the homepage, or as complicated as allowing articles to flow from writers, to editors, to publishers, to publication while enforcing departmental and corporate policies and maintaining a complete audit chain for the entire lifecycle of the article. Generally, most websites require a CMS that would allow them to modify blocks of information on some pages (including dynamic pages) and be able to add, update, and delete pages from a collection of pages that constitute an openly structured knowledge base of some sort.
The CMS that WAE Technologies offers its customers includes a subset of the following features:
- Add/Update/Delete entire pages.
- Update blocks of text within larger dynamic pages.
- Protect pages and blocks of text from deletion.
- Preview changes before publication or saving.
- Save changes for later without publication.
- Map pages to Search Engine friendly URLs.
- Preview/Revert a page to a previous version.
- Restrict access to certain pages and blocks to specific groups of administrators.
- Maintain a library of images and incorporate them into the text.
- Manage the window title, meta-keywords and meta-description on a page-by-page basic.
- Edit pages using a WYSIWYG editor or HTML.
We also offer other tools are part of our web sites that assist in simplifying the management of information on your website. An events calendar is a perfect example. Maintaining an online calendar can be a cumbersome operation, unless you have a tool that simplifies the management of the events.
The Events Management Tool that WAE Technologies offers its customers includes a subset of the following features:
- Automatically publish events to a calendar display or a list display.
- Detail pages for events are automatically generated.
- Edit events using simple forms.
- Link events to pages on the same site, or external sites, for additioanl information.
- Assign background colors to events.
- Integrate online registration for events and accept credit cards for payment.
- All events pages on the site are Search Engine indexable and are optimized for Search Engine placement.
Our standard eCommerce, branded Q-Ecom (Quick E-Com), can be customized by WAE Technologies to meet your specific business requirements. Each standard installation may includes a subset of the following features:
- Accept payment through Credit Cards and PayPal.
- Unlimited products and categories.
- Customizable product display.
- Hierarchical categories with parent/child relationships.
- Multiple product options such as color, size, flavor, or anything else you can think of.
- Intelligent shopping cart with the ability to change options of already-added items.
- Create upsell items to increase impulse buying sales.
- Publish and accept online coupons good towards percentage and flat rate discounts on shipping and item totals.
- Incorporate sales tax for specified states.
- Administratively report order totals by state, by month, and by item. Sales taxes collected are displayed for easy accounting.
- URLs on all category browsing and detail pages are highly optimized for search engines.
- Customers receive customizable receipts with site logo.
- View orders online... mark them as processed, cancelled, or deleted.
- Automatically generate a fax cover letter for selected orders.
News/Updates and Frequently Asked Questions
Adding news or FAQs to your site is as easy as filling out a form. Our easy-to-use interface will make adding and updating this information a snap. Here are some of the features you can expect with these tools:
- Unlimited FAQ questions and categories of questions.
- Add links and documents to FAQs for easy access.
- Track the number of times a document is downloaded.
- Add images from the Image Library to news items.
- Mark news items as urgent so that they will be accentuated on the site.
Integrated Image Library
Images used on your site will be stored together and easily accessed through a single administrative tool.
- Replace images on your site easily.
- Use simple tools to resize and add borders to images.